Sunday, July 28, 2013

The 7th Post in 7 Days

Better late than never, I'm here for the final post in the 7 posts in 7 days challenge.

I went to the IHM conference yesterday and, the good news is, I didn't spend a lot of money because I spent most of my time either talking to people I saw or listening to the speakers.  At one point I knew I only had about 30 minutes running around trying to purchase the books I knew I wanted to get, so I ducked my head down and ran from booth to booth so that I wouldn't see anyone I'd be tempted to stop and talk to.

Besides that I listened to all the talks I had listed yesterday and, of course, they were all very good.  It was driven home to me, AGAIN, that I need to finish my current read so that I can begin reading "Introduction to the Devout Life" by St. Francis De Sales.  I'm really liking what I'm hearing from him, so I'm looking forward to getting started.

This is an exciting picture for me that we took Friday evening.  In this picture you will see Regina Doman, the wonderfully talented Catholic author, her newest book "Rapunzel Let Down" of which I took the cover photo for, and me.  




Some of my girls and I went out for ice cream amidst a downpour with Regina, her wonderful husband Andrew and their son Thomas.  A great time was had by all.

I finally feel excited about the upcoming school year.  I think I have a good game plan, so now I just need to firm it up and see how it is all going to fall into place.  Hope you're having a great weekend!

God Bless!