Wednesday, October 15, 2014

A Mom's Binder

Since we've been talking about things that are on and around my desk for the past few days, let's continue, shall we?

Do you have a Mom's Binder?  You know, one binder where you stick all of the important information that you have to hang on to for more than a day or a week?

Well, if you don't, you should consider it.  It makes a convenient, non-messy place to keep all those important things like: newsletters from your homeschool group, the meeting dates for the entire year for all of your clubs, your past Christmas letters so you don't repeat yourself (too much), important phone numbers or information like internet passwords or bank info.  These are just some of the things I've kept in my binder over the years.

Oh, how about one place where you can record all of the medical procedures and surgeries that you and your kids have had?  Not that we've had a lot, but with seven kids plus myself, I have a hard time remembering just when I had my gallbladder out or what year my daughter's appendix was removed.

I keep party lists in there, too.  This way the next time we have a big party I can just refer to a similar list to see who I invited and what I served.  This has been a big time saver and a help to my feeble memory.

What other interesting things could you store in your Mom's Binder?  If you have any ideas you'd like to share, please do so, as we all can learn from each other.

In my book, anything that helps to keep things organized without taxing my overfull brain is a good thing!

God Bless!
If you would like to see all the posts in this series, you can go here.