Monday, October 20, 2014

Keeping Your Purse Organized

Are you a big purse person or a small purse person?  Or maybe you're still in the diaper bag/backpack years.  Finding the right purse can make a big difference between being organized and having a garbage bag attached to your arm.

One of my daughters is finding out how much of an impact this can have on your life because she has a cute, small purse but now that she is out and about more, she is realizing how little it can actually hold and how fast it fills up.

For 16 years I carried various forms of a diaper bag and back pack.  It was silly to have a purse for my stuff and a bag for the current child(ren) in diapers.  When I was finally able to carry a purse again, I opted for a big one since it seems I like to carry a lot of things around with me.  The key to keeping it organized is going through it and sorting through the junk and papers at the end of each outing.  If I'm running around for a few days straight and I don't get a chance to clean my purse out, I just never know what I'm going to find in there.

On a side note, I have noticed a difference in the generations when it comes to keeping the checkbook register up to date.  Only one of my daughters is organized in that area.  The other two rely on their online banking screen to tell them how much money they have in their accounts.  One daughter in particular is horrible at keeping up with the receipts in her wallet.  She'll let a wad of them collect there, realize how far behind she is and then just throw them all out and look online.  Drives.me.crazy.  In my experience, it is just easier to take a few minutes each day or so to go through your receipts, enter them into your register, figure out your balance and go on your way.  I use the online bank register to double check myself, and the bank, in case there is a mistake.

Anyhow, I digress.  Finding the right size purse for your needs will keep you on the organized track.  If it is too small, you'll be nothing but frustrated.  If it's too big, you'll end up with the contents of your house hanging off your shoulder, which will definitely hinder your ability to be organized!

God Bless!
To see all of the posts in this series, you can go here.