Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Our Personal Library System

Continuing along with yesterday's theme, I think I should learn from our library system and come up with a way to track all of the books/movies/CDs/DVDs in our house and to whom I loan them out.  I know that over the years I have lent out books to friends and then we've both forgotten about them.  Many times I loan out school books that I'm not currently using and then promptly forget about them; until I need them again, of course, but then I can't remember who I lent it to!

One thing that I do is to put a return address label on the book, movie or DVD/CD that I am loaning to someone so that at some point in the future when they find it in their house, they'll see the label and remember to return it to me.

At one point I had a list of what the item was, who I loaned it to and when it was loaned out.  That list worked great for as long as I kept it up.  Like any type of system, it is only as good as the amount of time you keep up with it.

On the flip side, if I borrow something from someone else, I try very hard to keep it within my view and use it as soon as possible so that I can return it as soon as possible.  I would hate to hang on to someone's stuff and then forget about it - but I am sure that I have done that!  If you are reading this and I am guilty of keeping your items, please let me know (nicely, of course :)).

Like I told you in the beginning of this series, I might be mostly organized, but I'm not totally organized.  I have a lot of ideas but haven't taken the time to implement all of them.  I am also open to any new ideas that anyone might have on how to be more organized, so don't be afraid to share away!

God Bless!
Return here for the full link up of posts!