Saturday, October 11, 2014

High School Transcripts

When my oldest entered our homeschool high school, I had already spent some time questioning those who had been through this before about how they handled the transcripts for their kids.

I am so glad that I had this figured out ahead of time!!!!  

If you have not hit this stage yet, I implore you to do your research ahead of time so that you know how you want to set up your transcripts (that is, if you aren't having one of the accredited schools do it for you!).

I have our transcripts organized by subject and not by year, this way if someone takes two years to complete a course, say Biology, then I don't have to decide which year to put it under, I just put it under the Science section.

I also have a big binder, with tabs for everyone, that I keep all of their grades and subjects for each year filed in.  At the end of each year, I calculate the grades for all the classes and their GPA and then keep it in the  binder.  When it is time to type up the transcript, I just pull all of that info out of the binder and put it into our transcript format.  Easy peasy!

If, at the end of four years, I had to go back and figure all of those grades out, that would be an immense headache!

So, here's my super-duper handy suggestion....be prepared for this before high school starts.  If you've procrastinated, then take the time now to catch up.  It will make that already hectic time of college decisions that much less stressful.

If you have someone else doing your transcripts, well then thanks for still reading up to this point!

To see the entire list of posts in this series, click here.

God Bless!