Tuesday, April 15, 2008

A Clear Case of Not Thinking Clearly

Yesterday was our monthly afternoon co-op so the older kids were preparing catechism questions that they would ask the younger kids. My girls decided that they would ask questions that were somewhat joke-like in nature. My one daughter thought she would try hers out on me, so she asked, "How many animals did Moses bring onto the ark?" To which I promptly and proudly replied, "None!" "You're right!" she responded, sounding slightly amazed. Just to show how smart I was, I added, "He didn't bring any on because they all walked onto the ark themselves!" At that point all of them burst into laughter. "Mom, I said how many animals did MOSES bring onto the ark?" Long pause from me...Oh, I get it, Moses didn't bring any, NOAH did. Oh well, I fell for it hook, line and sinker. So later they tried it out on their father, who of course answered correctly for the right reason. Kids, never wanting to pass up the opportunity to show how they pulled one over on mom, took advantage of the opportunity to tell them what my response was. So, in my defense, it had been a stressful morning and we were busily trying to get ready for co-op and..........

The other questions they came up with were:

Where was baseball mentioned in the Bible?

What kind of man was Boaz before he was married?

Answers tomorrow! God Bless!

2 comments:

  1. Where was baseball mentioned in the Bible?

    Genesis:
    In the big inning...

    P.S. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What kind of man was Boaz before he was married?

    Ruthless!

    ReplyDelete