Friday, April 18, 2008

Happy Feet



Well, Spring has finally sprung and around here that means happy feet! Kick off the socks and shoes and run free. Call us uncivilized hicks, we don't care. Yes, these fourteen bare feet are a product of my hatred of shoes and socks once the nice weather hits. I confine my feet to shoes and socks only out of necessity. As soon as moderately warm weather hits, you'll find us all running around feeling the grass between our toes.

I kind of liken bare feet to a feeling of freedom. Free feet remind me of the freedom we have to love God and the freedom that comes from knowing that we are a child of God; the freedoms we have in this country; the freedom to choose right from wrong; the freedom to choose and to spread joy. Socks and shoes, while a necessity in colder weather, remind me of confinement: the confinement that comes from sin and selfishness; the confinement of feeling that we can never change and that there is no hope.

I say, "Off with the shoes. Run free, feel the grass under your feet and the sun on your face; feel the love that God has for you and enjoy the warm weather (for as long as it decides to last)!"

God Bless!

5 comments:

  1. Love the fourteen feet ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the fourteen feet ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Since when have you ever said that? Usually it's "PUT YOUR SHOES AND SOCKS BACK ON!!!! IT's NOT SUMMER!"

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the feet, Laura! When Gracey started Kindergarten at St Micahel school, she couldn't understand why she couldn't take her shoes off! God bless, Dolores

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a sweet picture! I love the varying sizes and all the pretty spring skirts one can get a glimpse of on the girls! :)

    ...I can wholeheartedly agree with your thoughts: I am most definitely a barefoot girl. As soon as it's warm enough, off come the socks and shoes!!

    ReplyDelete