Wednesday, April 16, 2008

My Current Read

The answer to yesterday's questions were: 1. Genesis - In the big inning. Get it? Thanks to Pa Ingalls and Little House on the Prairie for that one! 2. Ruthless (I actually thought that one was kind of cute!)

There are certain books in my "library" that I like to go back and read every year. It seems that I glean a new piece of information or two whenever I do that. It also helps to remind me of all of the things that I wanted to implement the first time I read it and have since then forgotten to implement. Three of those books are "A Mother's Rule of Life" by Holly Pierlot, "Created to Be His Helpmeet" by Debi Pearl and "Manager's Of Their Home" by Steve and Terri Maxwell. Each of these books have caused major turning points in my life in one way or another. Hopefully as I go through each of them again this year, I'll remember to share some of the things that I have found to be of value.

Last week, however, I uncovered a book that I probably should have been reading once a year. I am in the process of creating a catholic homeschooling website and I needed some information for one of my pages. I went to the bookshelf and pulled out "Catholic Home Schooling" by Mary Kay Clark. I began skimming through it to find the section I needed and found myself stopping to read other parts of it. This is the first book that I read once we decided that we were going to homeschool, but unfortunately, I haven't read it since. Even more unfortunate is the fact that, since I picked it up again last week, I haven't had a chance to read past the introduction. Hopefully soon I will get a chance to dive back into it because I have a feeling that it will remind me of a lot of things that I wanted to do but haven't done because I forgot I wanted to do them. I plan to share some of the wisdom I get from the book here and on my website. Stay Tuned...

God Bless!