Friday, September 5, 2008

Novena to the Mother of Sorrows through the intercession of St. Peregrine

I was going to post some pictures of the fair for you to enjoy, but I decided not to for two reasons. One, Lady Rose already did that and two, yesterday a friend of mine handed me a novena prayer and asked if I would join her and others in praying it. The novena begins this Sunday, September 7th and is to the Mother of Sorrows through the intercession of St. Peregrine. The reason why this particular novena was started was to pray for two young mothers who are suffering from cancer.

The first is named Emilie. She is a young mother of two children - a two year old and a two month old. When Emilie was pregnant this last time, she learned that she has a very aggressive type of cancer. Although she is full of hope, she may have as little as six months to live.

The second is named Lindsey. Just after she was married two years ago, Lindsey had to have a radical hysterectomy to fight ovarian cancer. Now the cancer has returned to her liver and pancreas. Both of these women need miracles in order to survive.

I want to invite anyone who is interested in joining us to begin the novena on Sunday, September 7th. The novena would end on the feast day of Our Lady of Sorrows, September 15th. In addition to praying for the two mothers listed above, you could also pray for anyone else that you know who is suffering from cancer. Here is the novena prayer:

O my dearest Mother Mary, Mother of Sorrows, behold me, your child, in prayer. I have come to plead for this special favor through the intercession of your faithful servant, St. Peregrine. (Mention your request.)

O Sorrowful Mother, I beg you to present my petition to your Divine Son. If you will pray for me, I cannot be refused. I know, dearest Mother, that you want me to seek God's will in all things. Therefore, with childlike trust I abandon myself to God's Holy Will concerning my request. If what I ask for should not be granted, pray that I may receive that which will be of greater benefit to my soul.

Mother of Sorrows, I love you! I put all my confidence in you, because your prayers before God are most powerful. For the greater glory of God and through the intercession of St. Peregrine, whom you have led to sainthood, hear and grant my prayer. Amen.

Thank you for joining us in this spiritual work of mercy.

God Bless!