Friday, October 12, 2012

7 Quick Takes October 12 2012


--- 1 ---

We took advantage of the nice weather this week to visit a local pumpkin farm.  We were shocked to realize that it had been six years since we had been there.  Ms 20 yo found a picture we had taken then and thought it would be fun to take a picture using the same pose, six years later.  Here is the one from before:


and here is the one from this year.  My how time flies!

 
--- 2 ---

We found out about it at the last minute, but Thursday night we attended a prayer service for the opening of the Year of Faith.  Our church doesn't have bells, but we joined in the 7:00 pm bell ringing by having about 10 people ring bells inside the church.  It was a very peaceful service and we are looking forward to the coming year.
 
--- 3 ---

Unfortunately we went from a peaceful church service to an annoying debate.  I don't know about you but it was quite frustrating to have to listen to Ryan debate both the VP and the moderator.  Ugh.
 

--- 4 ---

Anyhow, back to the Year of Faith...I signed up for the emails that will get sent to me everyday so that I can read the Catechism in a year.  I can't wait to get the first one to see how much is contained in it.  I have this vision of paragraphs a day being sent to my inbox where they will slowly begin to stack up, so that by the end of the year it will read 365 unopened emails.  I hope I am wrong, but I just can't envision myself keeping up with this.
 
--- 5 ---

I was trying to update the photo in my blog header the other day when Blogger informed me that I had reached my upload quota.  I've done a little bit of research and this seems to be just a header picture problem (backed up by the fact that I successfully uploaded two pictures to this post) that doesn't have a solution.  Anyone else have this problem?  I'd hate to think that my current picture will have to remain there for the rest of my blogging days.
 
--- 6 ---

We've been on a run of free field trips lately.  Next week takes us up to a local college to view a free concert of their symphony orchestra.  Ms 14 yo was commenting awhile back about how boring it must be to go and listen to a symphony.  Of course we all got on her case about how wrong she was, especially since she had never been to one.  Low and behold, within a week or so we got an email with the offer for the free concert and couldn't pass it up.  Looking forward to hearing some awesome music and proving to her she was wrong!
 
--- 7 ---

 Some warmer temps, some rain and dinner with some friends...look out weekend, here we come.  Hope you have a blessed weekend!  And remember...let's reclaim Sunday for the Lord (I read that somewhere in connection with the Year of Faith).

God Bless!

For more Quick Takes, visit Conversion Diary!