Monday, October 22, 2012

Catholic Woman's Almanac

Joining in with the Ladies over at Sucipio!

Moments of Grace:

* Praying and socializing with friends on Friday
* Celebrating a birthday with family
* Warm weather and a bit of rain to enjoy
* Laughing with family

Beauty in the Ordinary:

We've often seen a male and female cardinal in our yard; they are so beautiful to watch and it is so nice to always see them in pairs.  Well this morning, they must have been in a socializing mood because we saw multiple pairs of cardinals in our yard at the same time.  I really don't think I've ever seen that before.  There were also a few bluebirds that joined them.

In the Kitchen:

This week is "eat cheap" week.  I needed to make up some ground in the budget this week, so I pulled out all of my cheap meals; things like turkey tetrazzini, American spaghetti, tuna casserole and bean tacos. 

Pondering:

The fact that we've been encountering the same message again in many different ways over the past week:

You will be judged only on how well you have done what has been given to you to do and how much you have loved.

Praying:

For so many people and their intentions.  For our priest and his pilgrims as they head home from New York.  For the wisdom to discern God's Will and the grace to do God's Will at all times.

Meditating on:

Bible verses having to do with prayer.  There are quite a lot of them and I'm looking forward to seeing what they hold for me.

The Week Ahead:

This is a quiet week:  no field trips, not too many activities.  We have the first season of "Once Upon A Time" on DVD, so we look forward to watching all 22 episodes before we have to return them.  We've watched 7 so far and have a little over a week left.  The temptation to call a Teacher's Institute day is great, but as my kids pointed out, the principal probably wouldn't be too happy with that!

Captured:

God Bless!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Laura, I love when the birds show up in our yard too. I keep some binoculars on my porch so I don't miss anything!

    You're 'pondering' got me thinking about how many times that happens in my life and to pay attention!

    Blessings for a great week +

    ReplyDelete
  2. "...on what has been given to you to do..." and not what we choose to do!!

    How hard is that to figure out? For me, I struggle with it often.

    Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete