Friday, October 5, 2012

7 Quick Takes October 5 2012


--- 1 ---

Happy Feast of St. Faustina (October 5th).  We were wondering why she is no longer on the church calendar.  It seems kind of odd to see the Feast of Divine Mercy growing each year but not to have St. Faustina's feast day on the calendar. 
--- 2 ---

Fall is in the Midwest in all of its glory!  I love Fall.  I love the colors and the cooler temperatures.  God has colored His world a beautiful cornucopia of colors this year.  What does it look like where you're at?  If you live in a part of the country that doesn't really have all four seasons, how do you deal with not seeing all of this gorgeousness???


--- 3 ---

My three older girls have taken over our soap business.  Hey, if you can't find a job, why not create one for yourself?  Here is their latest marketing effort.  Seems they have some old favorites to sell off before the new fragrances come in.  Why not check it out and then hop on over to their facebook page and like them!  It sure would make them feel loved :)

 
--- 4 ---

I've been kind of stalled out on my soon-to-be-St. Kateri unit study.  This time period is just harder than I thought it would be.  I know that there's a lot that can be done with the Native Americans, just have to find the time to sift through it all.  I'm still hoping to have it done by the 20th.  Any extra prayers would be appreciated :)
 
--- 5 ---

I was so excited to have sold a copy of my book, "A Plan for Joy in the Home" to a wonderful woman in Spain.  We've been emailing back and forth trying to figure out the ins and outs of it and discussing differences in homeschooling in our respective countries.  It has been so much fun to be in contact with her.  She also said she could translate the book into Spanish for me.  I'll have to do some research to see if there is demand for that :)
 
--- 6 ---

We listened to the debate last night as a family.  It was interesting to say the least.  I will just say that I can definitely identify with Mr. Romney's view of middle class America rather than President Obama's.  I would love know what the President's definition of "middle class" really is...my guess is that we wouldn't qualify for it.
 
--- 7 ---

 We have yet another quiet weekend.  This is really unheard of!  I think we'll go back and watch "Ironman" and then do some pro-life work at the church on Sunday.  The weather isn't looking that great, so I think it will be an inside kind of weekend.  Have a great weekend!

God Bless!

For more Quick Takes, visit Conversion Diary!