Friday, November 9, 2012

7 Quick Takes November 9 2012


--- 1 ---

Can I tell you how excited I am that my new unit study on St. Kateri is finally done and up on my websiteThanks! I am SO excited and I hope you will be, too.  If you're looking for a change of pace or something new and interesting to add to your homeschool, please check out St. Kateri!

--- 2 ---

Very soon Ms 13 yo becomes Ms 14 yo.  The funny thing about her birthday is that she shares it with two other girls she knows who both have the name Emilie.  The other funny thing is that they BOTH spell it the same way E-m-i-l-i-e.  She is convinced now that we have miss-named her :)  Happy Birthday to my dd and both Emilie's!
 
--- 3 ---

As long as I'm on the subject of dds, have I mentioned that three of mine have taken over my soap business so that I can focus on other things and they can learn how to be entrepreneurs?  I have?  I guess you're right, I have.  Oh well, have I mentioned that they have some really cool soaps in stock that would be great for gift giving?  My favorites are Fresh Brewed Coffee, Cherry Almond and  Biscotti.  I'm hoping they show up in my stocking this year :)  You can go here to pick out your own favorites!
 
--- 4 ---

I found this very funny picture on facebook the other day posted by Scott Hahn.  If you want to see it you can click here.  I hope that works, because it was quite funny.  I guess it was good to get back to some lightheartedness on fb after all the heaviness (although I don't agree with some that fb should only be for fun and not for anything serious!).

--- 5 ---

I have to admit that it has been nice this past week getting to morning Mass before it actually starts.  I figure, based on past experience, that by next week we'll be back to our usual run-into-the-pew-right-as-Mass-starts selves as our bodies totally adjust to daylight savings time.  Oh well, one week out of the year is better than nothing :)
 

--- 6 ---


I really can't believe that Thanksgiving is almost upon us.  I have to admit, however, that I am looking forward to the time off.  We have not taken any time off this year so far (which is a rarity) and have been hitting the books pretty hard so a few days of no school will be greatly appreciated by all.
 
--- 7 ---

Lots to do this weekend; two days of visiting with various relatives!  Hopefully there will not be much political talk as I think I've had about enough of that by now.  The weather looks like it will be quite pleasant, so maybe that will lift everyone's spirits.  Hope you have a wonderful weekend and that the weather isn't bad where you are at!

God Bless!
For more Quick Takes, visit Conversion Diary!