Thursday, November 15, 2012

A Prayer to Start Your Day

A few months ago my husband found this prayer for us on "Laudate" and now we pray it every morning before we begin school.  It is such a nice, throrough prayer I thought I'd share it with y'all.

My heavenly Father, as I enter this work place, I bring your presence with me.

I speak Your peace, Your grace, Your mercy and Your perfect order into my work.  I acknowledge Your power over all that will be done, spoken, thought and decided within these walls.  I commit to use them responsibly in Your honor.  Give me a fresh supply of strength to do my job.  Anoint my projects, ideas and energy so that even my smallest accomplishment may bring You glory.

Lord, when I am confused, guide me.  When I am weary, energize me.  When I am burned out, infuse me with the light of the Holy Spirit.  May the work that I do and the way I do it bring faith, joy and a smile to all that I come in contact with today.  And O Lord, when I leave this place, give me traveling mercy.  Bless my family and home to be in order as I left it.  Lord, I thank you for everything You've done, everything You are doing, and everything You are going to do.  Lord, I thank You for the gifts You have blessed me with.  In the name of Jesus I pray, with much love and thanksgiving.

In the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit.  Amen.

God Bless!