Monday, November 19, 2012

Catholic Woman's Almanac

Joining with the ladies over at Sucipio!


Moments of Grace:

* Beautiful alter cloths at a church we were visiting
* Great homily given by a very young priest
* Meeting wonderful women at a craft fair we were at
* Friends who welcomed us for dinner


Beauty in the Ordinary:

My husband has been the driving force behind our exercising habit this year.  Being a male, his body has really responded to it all and he's lost a lot of weight and grown his muscles!  My body, on the other hand, has been a lot more resistant to these new demands I have been placing on it.  I do, however, plug along, mainly to keep the rest of the girls moving, too.  There is just something good and, might I say, beautiful, about a family trying to get into shape together.  Yesterday the younger kids were downstairs trying to keep up with dad during a P90X routine.  They did an amazingly good job and I give them a ton of credit for trying!

In the Kitchen:

* This morning was pumpkin muffins.  Man do those buggers have a lot of calories!
* Baked chicken and sweet potatoes
* Sweet potato casserole - our contribution to the big day!

Praying:
 
For discernment on which predominant fault God wants me to work on first :)

Reading:

Still reading "Reason to Believe" and I really am almost done!  It is a very good book and would be great for someone who has doubts about the Catholic church.  Next up is "Choosing Joy" by Dan Lord!

Pondering:

How best to celebrate Advent this year and why it is that I am so anxious for it to be here.  I seem to be unusually ready for it to begin.  I keep thinking it should be happening this weekend and not a whole week away!  Why is that????

Captured:


God Bless!

1 comment:

  1. Great pic Laura!

    I am looking forward to Advent too. Thanksgiving is way too early this year!

    God bless your husband...I need a motivator like that!

    And pumpkin muffins...mmmm...just keep thinking of all that good vitamin A : )

    ReplyDelete