Friday, June 21, 2013

Moments of Grace

I haven't done one of these in awhile, and I wasn't quite up for a full 7 Quick Takes, so here goes.

This past week brought home a good lesson for me.  I've been praying and praying and praying about a certain situation for what seems like a very long time and yet, nothing changes.  Things don't necessarily get worse, but they really haven't gotten any better.  Situations like this do a number on my faith.  I won't go into details, but let's just say it isn't pretty sometimes.

Once in awhile, however, I throw out an off-the-cuff prayer that gets answered quickly and to a tee.  Hmm.  This is when everything gets put into perspective for me.

See, that situation that I pray ceaselessly for and yet never changes is right where I need to be right now.  Am I happy about it?  No. Do I need to be reminded that it is God's will for me and I need to accept it and when His timing is right, things will change?  Yes.

And that is what this quick and profound answer to my off-the-cuff prayer has done; reminded me that God will answer prayers when the time is right - when HIS time is right (which it always is) and not when I THINK He should answer them.  It also reminded me that He is always listening, even when I think He isn't.  Amen.

Have a great weekend!

God Bless!

1 comment: