Monday, December 17, 2012

Advent Daybook - Day 16

Reflection:

Bring the donkey to the crib.  Offer to the Divine Infant your bodily strength; use it in the service of others.  Jesus, accept my service of love; I offer it for those who do not love You.

Bible Verse:

Weep with those who weep.

O Antiphon:

O Wisdom, you came forth from the mouth of the Most High, and reached from end to end, and disposed of all things sweetly and mightily:  come and teach us the way of prudence.  Amen

Thoughts from Mass:

Father talked in his homily about how there are a few black sheep and even some non-Jews in Jesus' lineage.  He made the point that God can use anyone to advance His plan; they don't have to be perfect in order for Him to use them for His Divine purpose.

Advent Activities:

Today we finished decorating the house, which is always a good excuse to do some dusting, too!  Here is our finished tree and my attempt at some Christmas bokeh:


 


After that the younger kids and I did a round of sugar cookies.  Although these aren't my most favorite kind of cookies to make, I finally found a recipe that I like.  Both the cookies and the frosting have some almond extract in them, which, in my opinion, makes anything taste great!  Here's a picture of the messy side of it all:



 And here's a shot that proves that presentation is everything :)



God Bless!