Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Advent Daybook - Day 18

Reflection:

Strive to bring some little lambs, meek and patient.  Do not murmur or complain.  Jesus, meek and humble of heart, make my heart like Yours.

Bible Verse:

Do not be haughty but associate with the lowly.

Thoughts from Mass:

"My mouth shall be filled with your praise and I will sing your glory."  Does my mouth sing the praises of God, of my fellow man, or does it criticize and complain?  Zechariah's mouth questioned the Lord and did not sing His praises.  I am glad that the Lord has not made me mute when I have done the same.

O Antiphon:

O Root of Jesse, who stood as a sign for the people, before you kings shall remain silent, and to you the gentiles shall make supplication:  come to deliver us, and delay not.  Amen.

Advent Activities:

The girls cleaned and baked for a Christmas gathering they are having tonight.  They hung lights and put up a small tree and their dad started a nice cozy fire in the fireplace for them.  Should be a fun time!  

I also came across two addresses today to send cards and notes to the people of Newtown, CT.  The first is to send cards to the priests at St. Rose of Lima parish.  They are having a difficult time with all of this and have two funerals a day for the next three days.  You can send cards and spiritual bouquets to:

Msgr Weiss and Fr. Luke
46 Church Hill Rd
Newtown, CT  06470

The other address that has been set up is for the people of Newtown.  You can send cards to this address and they are being collected for the people to read.  That address is:

Messages of Condolence for Newtown
PO Box 3700
Newtown CT 06470


Thanks, Allison, for sharing these.

God Bless!