Sunday, December 23, 2012

Advent Daybook - Day 22

Reflection:

Accompany St. Joseph from door to door.  Learn from him silently and patiently to bear refusals and disappointments.  Open wide your heart and beg him to enter with the Blessed Virgin Mary.  St. Joseph, help me to prepare for a worthy Christmas Communion.

Bible Verse:

Beloved, never avenge yourselves but leave it to the wrath of God, for it is written, "Vengeance is mine, I will repay" says the Lord.

O Antiphon:

O Emmanuel, God with us, Our King and Lawgiver, the Desire of all nations and their Savior:  come and save us, O Lord our God!  Amen

Thoughts from Mass:

"And how did this happen to me, that the mother of my Lord should come to me?"  I can ask the same thing.  Who am I that my Lord should come to me in every Holy Communion?  No one who is worthy, but that's okay, the Lord comes to us in the Eucharist, not because we deserve to receive Him, but because He loves us and He wants to remind us of that.

Unfortunately today, after Mass, someone found a consecrated host in the parking lot.  What a horrible thing!  Our Lord comes to us in such a humble form; He even allows himself to be abused in such a manner.  We must pray for these evils to cease. Come Lord Jesus, and save us from ourselves!

Advent Activities:

Today we spent some more time in the kitchen making up cute hot chocolate gift packs, some fudgy-mint squares to take on Christmas Eve, and the first batch of our awesome, secret-family recipe Christmas fudge.  This stuff is magnificent!  We also spent some time gathering up our white elephant gifts for our family party on Christmas Day.  I'm not a big fan of white elephants, but we'll try to make our gifts as fun as possible while still being useful (maybe :).  Tonight: family movie night.  Not sure what yet, but we have a few saint movies to choose from.

God Bless!