Monday, April 15, 2013

Catholic Woman's Almanac

Joining in with the women over at Sucipio!

Moments of Gratitude:

* Sunshine and rain - a good mix of weather.
* The new Performing Arts Center we've joined - four of the kids are involved and they had a great time with their theater and dance classes.  It's good to see them so excited about it.
* A potential new job for Ms 19 yo. 
* Carpooling
* A fun Dove chocolate party that we had here.  Good food and good friends.
* Lower gas prices :)

In the Kitchen:

This week we have chicken tacos, bean quesadillas on Friday (they're meatless, they're quick and taste good and you can eat them in the car, which is where we'll be eating dinner this coming Friday), turkey acapulco (not a favorite, but it's quick and easy and very healthy), ham casserole (gotta use up that leftover Easter ham that we froze!) and chili spaghetti (which is really good and something we haven't had in awhile).

The Week Ahead:

Ms 17 yo and I go in for eye checkups this week.  I  know I need new glasses, so we'll see how much that will cost.  More theater and dancing and the last week for me of P90X.  Yippee!!!  To celebrate, I might get to go to this cute little tea room my girls have been to and have a yummy lunch with a friend, because everyone should celebrate the end of a 12 week intense fitness program with food!!

Praying:

For clarity in thinking.  My brain has been so foggy and hard to work with lately and I really need it to be done with that.  We're also starting early to pray for good weather for our big party in May.  If the weather isn't good, I'm not quite sure what we are going to do.  My nervousness about this comes from the fact that our weather has been so wacked out lately that in the span of one week we can have highs in the 70s and snow flurries a few days later.  I'm also praying for the many things that have been making my heart so heavy lately.

Pondering:

Still pondering school for next year.  I haven't made much headway with this because of my foggy brain and heavy heart (see above).

Reading:

Nothing.  See above.

Captured:

Ms 9 yo was so proud to have her cousin and BFF as her first piano student :)



God Bless!

1 comment:

  1. I want my older girls to teach the younger kids how to play piano. Good for your daughter! I will pray for your mental clarity...been there...done that...will probably visit again, lol!

    ReplyDelete