Thursday, April 25, 2013

Theme Thursday - Sky

A nice sky picture can be pretty hard to come by.  Just the other day I was out practicing my shooting in manual mode and was taking pictures of the newly forming tree buds, not just for shooting practice, but to help me remember that spring really is coming.  I was pleased at how nicely the blue color showed up in my pictures.  (Can I just say that I'm loving manual mode now that I understand it!!  This picture had very little editing.)


Then I remembered back to last year when the sky was exhibiting some pretty cool colors around sunset.  I don't think this was manual mode, but the colors were so pretty by themselves that it really didn't take much work on my part.


Astute and long-time readers of this blog will remember that I had this as my header picture for quite some time because that was back when Blogger went all weird on me and I couldn't change the picture.  Well, at least it was pleasant to look at :)

And finally I decided to put up one of my few nighttime attempts at a sky picture.  The moon was so bright and there was that cool halo effect around it.  Not the clearest picture, but it'll do.



To see more great sky pictures, hop on over to Cari at Clan Donaldson!

God Bless!

17 comments:

  1. Your buds and sky background made my day with the hope that spring WILL come :) Right now, my yard is still full of snow and no buds emerging just yet on the trees.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sarah, hope you get some green soon :)

      Delete
  2. Working on my night photography is a major goal of mine. I like the moon photo. But my favorite is the blue blue sky of the first. So blue it looks like you could drink it. Love.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Night photography is so, so fun! I like the moon shot.

      Delete
    2. I find it too challenging and in reality, that's probably the only time I've tried night time shots :) Thanks.

      Delete
  3. I'm a little jealous of your moon. The best we've ever been able to get is a pinpoint of light in the darkness.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lisa. I remember that being an exceptionally bright one!

      Delete
  4. I love that deep blue color..it is my fav.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gosh, I think the moon shot is lovely. They are so hard to get right, that one has a powerful mood to it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Did you use a tripod for the nightshot? I've resigned myself to the fact that I can't take night photography until I get a tripod. Love the moon picture.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooh, I too love the blue in the first photo. That moon is neat, too. I was looking at the moon as it rose this morning, thinking I need to work on more moon shots. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The blue sky is just beautiful! What a welcome reminder that spring really is coming...finally!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the buds and the deep blue!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, that moon picture is amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The first one is so hopeful...and what a great shade of blue! I love the moon shot, too...the ring shows up nicely.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your nighttime sky. The moon looks great!

    ReplyDelete