Monday, April 8, 2013

Catholic Woman's Almanac

Linking up with the women at Sucipio!

Moments of Gratitude:

* Divine Mercy (does anything else really need to be said??)
* Family and birthdays and laughing till tears roll.
* An excellent homily this Sunday
* Sunshine and warmer weather
* Beating my son at "P-I-G"

In the Kitchen:

Okay, I am officially tired (for the time being, mind you) of eating treats.  We've had more cake and candy and pop this past week with all of our entertaining and celebrating that I'm full.  I am looking forward to some clean eating and hopefully losing these couple of pounds I gained during our Easter Octave time.  This week in the kitchen will hopefully see some better eating on my part.  Except that I just remembered what the kids picked to cook for dinner this week and now I'm not so sure.  Hmmm.  We have hot sandwiches, beer braised beef, breaded pork chops and turkey tetrazzini.  I guess I'll just have to do a good job at the rest of the meals.

The Week Ahead:

Oh, and I forgot about the Dove chocolate party I'm supposed to be having this week.  Ugh.  So much for that clean eating.  

This week we also start a new round of activities with the kids joining in on the new "Little Flowers Performing Arts Center".  They'll be taking dance, theatre and music.  Should be a great experience for them and we're carpooling so it will be a great experience for me too because I won't have to make all 12 - 35 minute trips myself :)

Praying:

For our crazy world and for the wisdom to discern God's will and the grace to do it at all times.   Praying especially for the Syrian family with the daughter who has cancer.  They were able to get the necessary testing done in Lebanon (Praise God!!) and now they need to start treatment but they need all the money up front.  Please pray that they either get the money or that someone can hook them up with an organization that will help them out.

Pondering:

How to make it through the next two months of schooling until we are finished.  Now is the time when I should plan lots of fun learning and field trips.  One year I will do it right. Maybe.

Reading:

Nothing.  I've been too busy this week during our time off to read!

Captured:

A tale of two desserts.  The first is my daughter's rendition of Bilbo's house, complete with the necessary Lego characters.

 
The second is an example of my creative abilities in full swing :) We had made this recipe before, which tastes good, but I had forgotten how much the glaze resembles snot until I made it again.  Besides that, and the fact that it stuck to the pan, it really did taste good.
 

God Bless!

1 comment:

  1. Laughing is so good for you! And I love dance, etc. Those deserts are great.
    And I turned to salads with a lot of meals so I don't overeat on the heavier parts...

    Blessings to you!
    Em

    ReplyDelete