Thursday, April 18, 2013

Theme Thursday - Boys

I'm joining up with Cari over at Clan Donaldson for Theme Thursday.  This week's theme is boys.  Cari had made the suggestion of taking older photos and giving them a new edit.  Sounds fun to me so here goes:

Here is the SOOC shot of my two boys almost exactly a year ago.  They were wrestling and here were posing as, well, I don't know...mean looking wrestling dudes I guess.



My original edit was this. 



I can't remember what I used it for, but it gave them a meaner, more menacing look, so I liked it.

This time I decided to go black and white and see what it did for them.



I don't know.  I think I might still like the original edit better.  I like the tighter crop of this one, though.  What do you think?

Check out the other entries over at Clan Donaldson!

God Bless!

12 comments:

  1. I like the original one best, too. What did you do to edit it? The colors are striking!

    As are your dangerous-looking men-in-capes. c;

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Christie. I just did some tweeking in Lightroom and then used a preset that I bought. I love Lightroom!!

      Delete
  2. Boondock Saints. ;)

    Sorry, not the nicest movie I could come up with but the sheer force of their gaze called it to mind almost immediately.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha, ha!! I hadn't heard of that movie, Lisa, so I googled it. From the pics, I see what you mean!

      Delete
  3. I like the tighter crop and the black and white! I think it gives those mean dudes the right feel. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree wiht Rebekah, black and white cropped does make them more like evil wrestling dudes. =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll let them know that they achieved the look they were trying for :) Thanks Natalie

      Delete
  5. Work it girl! Your editing skills rock! I can rotate a photo and delete a photo. That's all.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would say tighter crop, original edit colors. Those boys look tough! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your older son's cheek bones in your first edit? Magnificent.
    That is all.

    ReplyDelete
  8. HA those are some fierce wrestlers! Love the poses :)

    ReplyDelete