Monday, August 5, 2013

Catholic Woman's Almanac

Joining in over at Sucipio!

Moments of Gratitude:

* A wonderful week of Catholic Kids' Camp.  It was hectic, but the kids had a blast!
* The opportunity to take photos of said camp.  It is always an honor to photograph things that bring glory to God.
* Seeing my son perform as St. Dominic Savio one day during skit time and do an amazing job.  
* A beautiful wedding and a fun reception for the daughter of my oldest friend!  (oldest as in "I've known her the longest" not in age!)
* Stir fry with vegies from our garden

The Week Ahead:

I am so excited that we have a week off between last week's camp and next week's start of classes at the Performing Arts Center.  The last time I had a week "off", it was so stinking hot and we had no a/c that I didn't get anything done.  Hopefully this week will not have any surprises like that in store for me.  The to-do list is quite long!!

In the Kitchen:

Totally uninspiring because I picked easy meals since many of my cooks will not be able to cook this week and that means I have to cook multiple nights!  Can you believe it?  I mean, really, the nerve of these kids to have a life other than cooking dinner!  Oh well, it's food and we'll eat it and that's about all I can say.

Pondering:

As I sat at the wedding this weekend, the priest talked about how the parents (my friends) had raised such good and faith-filled kids.  I thought how weird it was that he was talking about my friends being the parents who raised those great kids - like, how are we old enough to be having kids that are getting married?  It just seems so surreal.  I've been to other weddings of the children of friends, but this is my life-long friend; I met her when I was 4!  I grew up with her family and here she is having one of HER kids get married.  It really is just too much to handle.  Thus, I shall ponder this and come to terms with it before it is my turn to be in that situation :)

Praying:

* Still praying about that car situation.
* For our upcoming school year
* For many, many other special intentions and people

Reading:

Last week I only got to one chapter in my "Introduction to the Devout Life" book, but boy was it a good one.  It was the chapter about anxiety and St. Francis really put things into perspective.  If I could remember it all, I'd tell you about it, but it's late and I can't recall exactly what he said.  I just remember thinking that I'll have to keep coming back to that chapter!

Captured:

Some scenes from last week's camp.  Here's part of the crowd - I think there were about 170 kids signed up, 70 of which were between the ages of 4 and 6! 


This is one of the snacks the kids got to assemble and then eat.  The theme for the week revolved around being princes and princesses for the King and so this was a castle.
 

One of our friends, a juggling minstrel.
 

 God Bless!

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations to your actor-son! It must have felt very rewarding to see him perform!

    I am reminded of some lyrics from "The Fiddler on the Roof" : "Is this the little girl I carried? Is this the little boy at play?" You are right; we have to our pondering now and be prepared for THAT situation.

    Have a good week :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic Almanac!
    I hope you are enjoying your week off.
    That camp looked great.
    Blessings,
    Emily

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Laura. I love St Francis de Sales. I have not read Introduction in years. It was one of the first books read while going through a super huge spiritual growth spurt.

    ReplyDelete