Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Advent Daybook Day 11

Body:

Well, I thought I was done yesterday with those photos but they required some additional sorting before I could upload them.  They are officially being uploaded as I type.  *YIPPEE* for real this time!

We got a bit of snow early this morning so some of the kids and I took shovels in hand and cleared off part of the driveway.  We have a really long driveway so we were only able to do parts of it before we 1. got too cold and 2. got too tired.  After that we were all ready to go with our school work.

Tonight marks the first basketball practice of the season for Mr 13 yo and Ms 10 yo.  It is her first year so we're looking forward to seeing how she does.

Mind:

I am participating in a thing where you email a Bible verse to a person and then add your name to the list so that you'll receive some verses, too.  I can't wait to see what my inbox brings.

As I was looking for this one particular verse, I came across another one first.  It kind of jumped off the page at me and I'm so glad it did because I really do like this one!  It's Philippians 4:4-7

  "Rejoice in the Lord always.  I shall say it again: rejoice!  Your kindness should be known to all.  The Lord is near.  Have no anxiety at all but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, make your requests known to God.  Then the peace of God that surpasses all understanding will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus."
I think I might just print that out and hang it up somewhere where I can see it all the time.

Spirit:

See above.  Not only did that get me thinking, it really did a lot to lift my spirits on this cold, winter day.  God is so good to us and if we just follow that still, small voice, He will make sure to guide us when and where we need to be.

You know what else lifted my spirits?  This morning I drove past the gas station and realized that gas prices had gone up 14 cents per gallon since yesterday.  Since I tend to obsess about gas prices, I am SO GLAD that I followed that small voice that told me to fill up our big van YESTERDAY when it was still $3.05.  Little things like that excite me.

God Bless!