Monday, December 23, 2013

Advent Daybook Days 21, 22 and 23

Body:

We had a relaxing weekend, partially due to the fact that my hubby came down with a cold and when that happens all he does is sleep.  Therefore we were not able to do some of the things we had on our to-do list, which isn't always a bad thing.

Sunday was decorate the tree and house day and as usual everyone had a good time.  The house looks nice and the tree is a welcome sight. Seeing the tree up always increases the anticipation.  I enjoy waiting until right close to Christmas to decorate because then I know that Christmas is right around the corner.

Today finds me in my new Blessed Mother apron that a friend made me for my birthday baking all kinds of treats for the next two days.  Quick breads, fudge, cookies....yum!

Mind:

It always makes me sad when I think of the amount of dysfunction that exists in families these days; it seems to be everywhere!  Especially around the holidays it would be so wonderful to be able to happily celebrate with all of your relatives.  Come Lord Jesus and give us the grace to get along :)

Spirit:

Two things are lifting my spirit (not that it was down, mind you).  The first was at Mass this morning when Father gave us a few minutes to pray for our hearts to be opened to receive the Lord over the next two days.  The second happens tonight when I will go to our annual homeschool mom's cookie exchange.  Everyone gathers, bringing 6 dozen cookies if they so desire, and we pray the rosary together and then chat for awhile.  It is always a peaceful and blessed time.

Tomorrow is Christmas Eve!  Hard to believe that Advent is already over.  May Christ find a very special place in your heart during this special time.

God Bless!