Friday, December 20, 2013

Advent Daybook - Day 20

Body:

Today was a shopping day, yet again!  The kids and I all went out to the mall to finish what was left of our Christmas shopping.  We also visited Goodwill to pick up some white elephant gifts.  Personally, I don't like white elephants, but in the spirit of family giving, we're going along with it.  Let's just say that the kids picked out some interesting gifts.

After that I came home and tried to wrap my brain around what I needed from Wal Mart.  Thinking through all of the potential baking and goodies and food for the week took a lot of mental energy.  Then, I had to forge my way through the store, which fortunately wasn't as bad as I was expecting.

Home again, home again, jiggity jig.  After dinner we're going to give "Elf" one more try.  Some of the kids and my husband and I watched part of it once and couldn't quite see what people saw in it.  Well, it's free on Google play today, so we're going to try watching the entire movie and see if we can agree with all the people who seem to love it!

Mind:

Please join me in praying for the repose of the soul of Ms 21 yo's boyfriend's grandfather.  His name is Ray and he was 94 years old.  He died this afternoon during the hour of mercy.  It is always sad to lose a loved one, but right before Christmas just seems worse to me.

Spirit:

 There is so much sadness in the world today; so much strife between family members.  I find it difficult to read about all of the tragedies that seem to show up on my facebook wall and then remember that Advent is a time of joy.  Where is the joy in the world with so many people suffering in some way right now?  I guess this is when we need to dig deep and truly turn it all over to the Lord so that we can get a glimpse of the joyful anticipation of His coming.

God Bless!