Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Advent Daybook Day 17

Body:

Today was one of those rare days when I had time to just go from task to task and take care of things.  It is amazing how much time that actually takes.  Picking up piles, sweeping floors, answering questions and phone calls and emails, etc.  I had time to sort through presents to make sure that I have what I need.  I made another batch of kombucha tea and this one finally tasted good again!  Dinner got made early and soon I'm off to lift weights with my hubby.  I love days like this.  Mind you, I probably wouldn't like endless days like this, but for now it is good.

Mind:

Today I've been thinking about how last year we had the opportunity to do more festive things during Advent than we have had this year.  We visited more, we did secret things for people, we handed out candy around town.  It was fun!  This year I've spent the first two and a half weeks catching up and catching my breath.  Now that it's a week before Christmas, I'm ready to start doing those things, but realizing I'm still short on time.  Everything has a season and this season it just wasn't meant to be.



Spirit:

That peaceful feeling that comes with contentment has been with me today.  We made it to Mass on time and Father was encouraging the few of us who were there to come to confession.  It was nice to hear a priest encourage people; just wish there were more people who heard it.  Confession is on the docket for us tomorrow morning.  Hopefully it's on the priest's docket, too :)

God Bless!