Monday, December 9, 2013

Advent Daybook Day 9

Body:

I cannot believe that it just took me five hours to do my online Christmas shopping!  Talk about exhausting.  I guess I'm employing the do-it-till-it-gets-done mentality towards my activities today!  Next, on to sort some soap.  I did, however, remember to put my chickens in the oven so we would actually have dinner tonight.  Quite an accomplishment since I didn't remember until about 3:00.

Mind:

My mind has still been trying to de-stress and stay focused.  I think every year I think the same thing about Advent:  What does it really mean to focus on Advent and not on all the other distractions?  I mean really, if someone has this kind of Advent, the kind that they talk about in books and in homilies on Sunday, could you please outline it for me so that I know what I'm shooting for.  I'm totally serious!

Spirit:

We made it to Mass this morning for the Feast of the Immaculate Conception.  Happy Feast Day!  It always makes me sad when they remove the obligation on Holy Days.  Is it really that hard to go to Mass two days in a row?  Maybe it is for a small number of people, but I think if people really wanted to go, or really saw the value in going, they would be able to do it a few times a year.  

Adoration tonight!  I will pray for all of you and your intentions.

God Bless!